LonoLife Braised Chicken
- 1 scoop LonoLife Keto Broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 (4-inch) fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese (about 5 ounces)
- Coarsely chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Cook the onions and chicken while the oven is heating.
2. Melt the butter in a large, heavy bottomed oven-safe pot. Add the onions and baking soda and cook, stirring often, for 15 minutes. Continue cooking and stirring until the onions are a deep golden-brown. Meanwhile, sear the chicken.
3. Heat the oil then sear the chicken until golden brown. As each batch is ready, transfer the chicken to a large plate.
4. Add LonoLife broth to the chicken pan. Then combine mustard and vinegar and simmer until reduced by about half, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. When the onions are ready, add all of the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining cup of broth and simmer until reduced by half.
6. Place the chicken on top of the onions. Pour the mustard sauce over the chicken. Then bake for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove the pot from the oven, then turn the oven up to broil. Sprinkle the cheese and broil until the top is golden brown or about 3 minutes. Garnish and enjoy!