NOT YOUR AVERAGE BURGER
Servings: 4 Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb grass-fed beef, 85% lean, 15% fat
- 1 serving LonoLife Grass-fed Beef Bone Broth
- ⅓ cup finely grated carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, fried
- 4 burger buns of your choice
For Onion Rings:
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into rings
- ½ all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp LonoLife Grass-fed Beef Bone Broth
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
1) For onion rings, heat enough oil to submerge onions in a large deep pan to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix flour with 1 tsp of a packet of LonoLife Grass-fed Beef Bone Broth. Set aside rest for meat. Whisk the egg and milk in a small bowl.
2) Toss onion rings into the flour mixture, then egg mixture, and flour mixture again.
3) Carefully put onions into oil, making sure not to overcrowd. Turn and cook until golden brown. About 3 minutes. Place finished onion rings on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
4) In a large bowl, combine ground beef, the rest of the LonoLife Grass-fed Beef Bone Broth packet from earlier, grated carrots, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
5) Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into a patty.
6) Preheat BBQ grill, or a nonstick skillet over medium heat. If using a skillet, coat lightly with oil.
7) Add patties to grill or skillet. Flip after about 3 minutes, or when the patty starts to release juices. Add cheese and cover until finished cooking. Use a meat thermometer to check for desired wellness.
8) Optional: Grill burger buns for 1-2 minutes for added toastiness.
9) Assemble burgers with desired toppings, top the burger with bacon and onion rings.