This traditional pot pie recipe is enhanced with the savory flavor and added nutritional benefits of LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth. You're welcome.
Pie Crust Top
- 1/4 pre-made pie crust dough
Pot Pie Filling
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast, cut and cubed
- 2 cups LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¾ cubed carrots
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Prepare Ingredients
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make LonoLife broth according to instructions!
Pot Pie Filling
- 1.Combine chicken, carrots, celery, onion, and LonoLife broth in a medium bowl. Cook for 15 minutes over medium-high heat and let simmer until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 2.Drain the broth into a separate container and save it for your gravy!
- 1. Measure out 1 cup of LonoLife broth (you can discard the rest) and ⅓ cup milk.
- 2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and set aside. Whisk in flour. Cook until golden-caramel colored.
- 3. Slowly whisk in broth and milk, whisking out any lumps as they form.
- 4. Continue to stir for about 2 to 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- 5. Remove gravy from heat. Mix in the chicken and vegetable mixture until fully combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Scoop chicken-gravy mixture into 2 ramekins.
- 7. Gently cut the pre-made pie dough to the size of the ramekins, and place the dough on top of each.
- 8. Brush the pie dough with egg wash.
- 9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, and enjoy!