This recipe is easy and amazing for nights that are a little hectic. As the weather starts getting colder, crockpot recipes and soups will become your best friend. We wanted to show off an easy, flavorful and protein-rich recipe you could make during the week.
- 5 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth (1 scoop LonoLife Beef Bone Broth Powder with 1 cup warm water)
- ⅔ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, LonoLife beef bone broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- Minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large Tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.
For a bit of a spicy kick, add a full 1-2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper flakes! Served best with rice!