We have found the perfect match to your delicious grilled cheese and to make your day and soul full of warm, delicious tomato bisque soup. Adding LonoLife chicken broth will also sneak more protein into your meal.
- 3½ LonoLife chicken bone broth (mix 2 scoops of LonoLife chicken bone broth to 3 ½ cups of warm water)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 - 28ounce can fire roasted tomatoes (diced), drained (or you can use 8 fresh tomatoes,diced)
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ½ cup half & half or cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- basil, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tbs sugar
To begin, put olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Then once hot, add onion, carrot, celery & garlic. Stir to coat with oil, then add salt, pepper, and pepper flakes (a pinch of each).
Stir frequently until the veggies are lightly browned.
Sprinkle the wheat flour over the veggies and stir to evenly coat.
Pour in LonoLife chicken bone broth mixture and re-season with a pinch of salt, pepper and pepper flakes.
Add tomatoes, paste, leaves and sugar. Stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from burner and retrieve the bay leaves.
Pour the mixture to a blender till ¾ of the way full, and puree.
Temporarily, pour puree into a bowl, while repeating the pureeing with remaining soup
Return all the soup to the pan and stir in the half & half cream. Turn burner on to medium, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
Give the tomato bisque a final seasoning, with salt & pepper and adding in the basil (to taste)
Finally, stir in butter to taste.
Tip: Garnish with your favorite topping- a dollop of sour cream, croutons, and fresh chopped parsley