Servings: 2 • Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 serving LonoLife Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk or substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream or substitute of choice (coconut cream is tasty!)
- 4 tablespoons of sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- dash of cinnamon to taste
1) Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate large bowls.
2) With a whisk or mixer, beat the egg yolks until they start to lighten in color. Then, gradually add 3 tablespoons of sugar, mixing until it dissolves.
3) Add the milk, cream, collagen powder, vanilla & nutmeg. If you like it sweeter, add more sugar. Set aside.
4) In the other bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy enough that you can form soft peaks (meaning little peaks that form, but will still melt back into the mixture).
5) Gradually add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form (peaks form and do not melt back into the mixture).
6) Fold the egg whites into the rest of the eggnog. Serve into cups and top off with cinnamon and more nutmeg to taste.
7) Toast to your health and enjoy!
*Recipe Option: Spice it up by adding a shot of your favorite bourbon, whiskey or rum. Tis' the season to be merry! Cheers!