Servings: 16 Brownies • Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 13g (about 2.5 teaspoons) LonoLife Mocha Collagen Peptides
- 4 beets, cooked, peeled, and pureed (Tip: bake in foil at 425 for about 45-50 minutes, allow to cool before continuing)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (bar form)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flower
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Prepare an 8x8 metal baking dish and line with parchment paper.
3) Whisk together the collagen peptides, baking powder, cacao powder, coconut flour and kosher salt. Set aside.
4) In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and the unsweetened chocolate bar and stir occasionally until both ingredients are melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Once cool, whisk in the vanilla extract, beets, sugar, and the eggs. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
5) Pour your batter into the prepared baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 33 minutes. Allow to cool completely a cooling rack before removing from the pan and cutting into pieces. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.